Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

DMA101 - Sports Logo Vectorization



This is what the logo first looked like after I had gotten the yellow, blue and white done. I had this part done prety quick with out much fuss.

Next I started adding in the details like the orange in the eye and the accents as well as the light blues. The orange parts were a little bit trickier than I thought they would be just because of the fact that there was a lot of curved parts to them. These took a bit of time to work out because they tended to loop over each other and produce odd looking shapes but eventually I got it figured out. I also used guides to make sure the flat parts of the light blue area would line up properly everywhere and provide good spacing for when i added the light greys.

This part ended up being the most frustrating part. Adding the light greys and light blue over the white in the teeth. I had to make sure to blend the lines in so that there was a smooth transition from white to colour and I also had to make sure the colour overlapped the white onto the dark blue a little bit as to make sure none of the white came through.


This is what the final vectorized Nashville Predators logo ended up looking like. I was quite pleased with the outcome considering this was my first real attempt at vector art.

No comments:

Post a Comment